Hiring for 2020
The Market Coordinator will be responsible for every aspect of Gateway’s attendance at 3 local farmers markets. This includes operating the booth at each market on a weekly basis, interacting with customers, maintaining displays, handling sales, pre and post market inventories, and basic bookkeeping. This position will also be working closely with the Farm Manager, the Value Added Products Manager, and the Social Media Coordinator throughout the season. Gateway attends the Dixboro Farmers Market Fridays 3 pm - 7pm, the Plymouth Market Saturdays 8am - 12:30pm, and the Canton Market Sundays 9am - 1pm. This position can either be a part time position or a full time position. The part time version, the Coordinator attends all three markets and handles all associated responsibilities listed above. The full time version, the Coordinator will have an additional two days of in field work.
Full Time/Part Time Seasonal Position
Pay rate TBD
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Commitment to working the entire season (May - October)
- Personable, organized, and customer service oriented
- Clean driving record
- Ability to safely operate and pack cargo van.
- Detail oriented
- Basic knowledge of vegetables and herbs with willingness to learn
- Experience with in field work or comparable (Full time)
- Able to work in inclement weather (Full Time)
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline March 31st